Privacy & Data Commons
EcoTrack takes privacy very seriously. Any data from private properties remains private and is only accessible as non personally-identifiable aggregated data. The following are the terms users of EcoTrack must adhere to.
This is a plain language summary of (and not a substitute for) the data commons.
You are free to:
- view, copy, reuse and redistribute publicly available environmental data on public land.
- view, copy and redistribute aggregated data from private land that has no possibility of leading to identification of any individual record from private land.
- remix, transform, and build upon the material.
Only for the purpose of
- Working on operational, tactical and strategic matters that improve conservation values.
- Scientific analysis to improve conservation values.
- Commercial use.
- Government/council use without specific consent from the data holders.
You are not free to:
- View, copy, reuse or redistribute any private land details not already in the public space.
Such as individual private land records detailing bio-security or biodiversity.
- For records you collected, eg a community group, use of private land details is limited to the spirit of the intended use.
- View, copy or reuse any private personal details of any sort ever, unless you have direct responsibility for the record.
- For records concerning direct ownership, eg a community group, use of private personal details is limited to the use and spirit of the intended use.
- Resell the data without express consent from the data holders.
- View, copy, reuse or redistribute any confidential data from any area including public land
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
ph 021 408 115
110 Wood Bay Rd